Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
Author: Mallorie Mae
Recipe type: Dinner
A healthy and filling, low calorie dinner.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1½ tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey (99% fat free)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp breadcrumbs of choice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon scoop out flesh, leaving ¼” thick.
- Put water and ½ tbsp of oil in a baking dish.
- Arrange hollow zucchini in the baking dish.
- Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces, set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add 1 tbsp grape seed oil, onion and garlic. Cook on a medium-low flame until onions begin to brown.
- Add chopped zucchini and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, season with paprika, basil and pepper.
- Cook turkey until white, breaking up in smaller pieces.
- Place turkey meat in a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, add Parmesan cheese and egg whites, mix well.
- Fill hollowed zucchinis with stuffing, pressing firmly and top with bread crumbs and a little extra cheese if desired.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and broil for 5 minutes.
*All nutrition facts are an estimate.
Serving size: 2 zucchini halves Calories: 241 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 192mg Protein: 34g