Tomato Pesto Chicken
Author: Mallorie Mae
- 4 chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 2 tsp pesto
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- Optional: mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spread approximately ½ tsp of pesto on each chicken breast (enough for a thin coat, more if desired)
- Then spread each chicken breast with 1 tsp of tomato paste (you want a nice thick layer on top)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperate of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. (Cook times may vary based on the thickness of the chicken)
- Optional: add some mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
*All nutrition facts are an estimate.
Calories: 145 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 27g