Peanut Butter Banana Brownies [Gluten Free + Vegan]
Author: Mallorie Mae
- For brownies:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3 medium over ripe bananas
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- ⅓ - ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips (depending on preference)
- For peanut butter drizzle:
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- For chocolate drizzle:
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for brownies (except chocolate chips) in a large food processor and blend well.
- Stop and scrape edges of food processor a few times to make sure everything blends together evenly.
- Pour brownie batter from food processor into a large bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the lined pan.
- Optional: add a few chocolate chips to the top of brownies.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Toothpick should come out almost clean.
- Remove brownies from oven.
- To make peanut butter drizzle combine peanut butter and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt in microwave for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Drizzle over brownies with a spoon.
- Repeat same process for chocolate drizzle.
- Let cool. Cut into 12 equal pieces.
*All nutrition facts are an estimate.
Calories: 212 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 9g Protein: 6g