Mediterranean Style Chicken Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Author: Mallorie Mae
- 2 chicken breasts (4-6 oz each)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- sea salt
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- optional: feta cheese
- For dressing:
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp unrefined sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- First make the dressing by mixing grape seed oil, vinegar, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Season each side of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic.
- You can prepare the chicken any way you chose. (Grill: Grill on high heat for 6-8 minutes turning once) (Bake: Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes) (Saute: Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 8 minutes, turning once) However you decide to prepare it, just make sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Cook times will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- While chicken is cooking: slice cucumber into thin slices and half the cherry tomatoes.
- On two plates, arrange baby spinach, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and chicken.
- Lightly pour dressing over everything on the plate.
- Optional: serve with feta cheese.
* All nutrition facts are an estimate.
Calories: 350 Fat: 23g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 7g Protein: 28g