Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Brownies [GF + Vegan]
Author: Mallorie Mae
- 2½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large food processor and pulse until oats are ground and everything is combined.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, applesauce, and oil and blend well.
- Stop and scrape edges of food processor a few times to make sure everything blends together evenly.
- Pour brownie batter from food processor into a large bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the lined pan.
- Optional: Add a few chocolate chips to the top of brownies.
- Bake for 20 minutes (they will seem underdone in the middle but that's okay)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
*All nutrition facts are an estimate
Serving size: 1 brownie Calories: 144 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 23g Sugar: 7g Protein: 3g