Baked Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Author: Mallorie Mae
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Healthy, Low Calorie
A low calorie dinner, with a kick.
- 2 tilapia filets
- ½ lemon
- ¼ scant tsp paprika (slightly less than ¼ tsp)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp basil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- grape seed oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse off tilapia filets in cold water and place in a dish or plastic tupperware container.
- Squeeze juice of the lemon into the container over the fillets. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together paprika, pepper, basil, and salt.
- Pour a little grape seed oil into the bottom of a shallow baking dish or pan to prevent from sticking.
- Remove each tilapia from lemon juice and evenly rub each side of the filets with the spice mixture.
- Place fillets in oiled pan.
- Top each with about a ½ tsp of minced garlic
- Optional: zest the lemon over each filet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes away with a fork.
*All nutrition facts are an estimate.
Serving size: 1 filet Calories: 118 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 108mg Protein: 23g